You accepted paternity for the child

Unfortunately by allowing your name to be put on the birth certificate, you accepted paternity for the child.

You can go thru DNA tests to prove you are not the father, but since you signed the paper, you may still have to pay the back child support. By signing the birth certificate you said you are the father.

Even if the mother terminates your parental rights, you most likely will still be held responsible for the back CS